Fall starts in a little over 3 weeks…September 22nd this year to be exact. I can’t even express how happy this makes me. Fall is my very favorite time of year. Jeans, boots, sweaters, bonfires, roasted marshmallows, colorful foliage, hot lattes and cider. I think you get the drift. Fall is also a great time to practice Hygge.
What is Hygge
First off, if you’re not familiar with hygge then you’re most likely reading/saying it wrong. It’s actually pronounced Hoo-gah.
But what is hygge? I couldn’t find just one definition that seemed to fit so I’ll give you my definition. It’s a Danish word that basically describes a way of living that embraces being cozy and calming and living more simply. Fall just seems to be a perfect time to slow down and start appreciating a slower life pace.
My Fall/Hygge Bucket List
- Friends around a bonfire and, of course, roasted marshmallows
- A new Fall scented candle (or two)-definitely thinking it will be cinnamon apple scented
- A scenic drive to appreciate all the colorful trees
- Creating a cozy reading nook in my home-maybe splurge on that Papasan chair finally?
- Cook a big batch of chili
- Explore a farmer’s market
- Attend a fall festival
- Buy some apple cider
- Buy a new sweater or flannel shirt to go with my jeans and boots
- Spend a weekend in my PJ’s watching a movie marathon
What is your favorite season of the year? Do you ever find yourself craving more simplicity and a slower pace of life? Summer is such a busy time for me at work, I’m basically working 7 days a week between my regular job and being on call for our neighborhood pool. Fall is an opportunity to live my Hygge life to the fullest and I plan to this year. Less work, more time for writing, spending time with friends and family, and maybe even a little bit of travel. What are your plans for the fall? What’s your favorite Hygge activities?