Well, I totally underestimated how April was going to kick my butt. I set May goals and even had a blog post on it but since today’s the 20th I think it’s safe to scrap that post.
May has been jam-packed with activities. Nick has prom tonight, and will graduate from high school this Wednesday. Lacrosse season play is over but we have our end of the season banquet Monday evening and I still have a lot to do to work on the lacrosse booster budget reconciliation and preparing to hand it over to my successor. Also have a lot of senior activities to help with including planning some type of graduation party and helping out at their Project Graduation lock-in.
We’ve moved into our new condo and it’s a crazy mess. I thought we were going to be okay space-wise, with the assumption that I would be selling a few more pieces of furniture but then Michael moved all his stuff home that was in his dorm and I realized, Oh Crap!! We have a lot of downsizing still left to do… So here’s the checklist for the remainder of this month:
- Plan out graduation duties (announcements, lacrosse finances and banquet, grad party, etc). And most importantly find time to ENJOY the moment
- Tweak new monthly budget as first bills for the new condo come in and with our Social Security payments stopping once Nick graduates
- Continue updating blog. I don’t want this to fall by the wayside just because I’m busy with life
- Take at least 30 minutes daily to work on putting things in order with the new condo
- Read two books
- Get a contractor in to give me ideas/estimates on how we can close off dining room space that Michael is currently using for a bedroom-contractor has been in, just need to consult with him on his ideas
There you go. I think this is more than enough to try to accomplish for the remainder of this month.