Fall is my very favorite time of year. The weather is perfect (although it seems like we get less and less Fall weather every year where I live). Jeans and a sweater, gorgeous scenery all around with the fabulous Fall colors, and great conditions for a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. Fall is also the perfect time to add a little extra hygge into our lives.
What is Hygge (pronounced “hoo-guh”)? Merriam-Webster defines it as a cozy quality that makes a person feel content and comfortable. Based on that, adding some extra Hygge in our lives can look a little different for us all. Here are some of the ways I like to add a little Hygge in my Fall/Winter routine:
- My wardrobe consists of Jeans and comfy sweaters and my favorite light leather jacket
- Add a cozy new candle to the collection. I just bought Winter scent at Bath & Body Works last weekend (on sale of course!)
- Swap my iced Chai tea lattes with Spiced Apple Cider, Hot Cinnamon tea, or Hot chai lattes and of course they need to be drank out of your favorite mugs
- Bonfires with roasted marshmallows
- Outdoor events. I went to my nephew’s high school football game this weekend.
- Add a cozy throw or blanket to your couch so you’re ready to cuddle up when you’re watching the latest Hallmark Christmas movie or HGTV show
- The Hallmark channel…no further explanation needed
- comfy pajamas
- I’m not a big soup person but I love to make a batch of chili in the Fall
- Use fairy lights or even Christmas lights around your house
- Curl up with a good book
- Have a game night with friends
- Take a hike and enjoy the pretty fall scenery while the leaves are still gorgeous
What’s your version of Hygge? Let me know.