So I have lots of financial things I would love to write about but really shouldn’t at this point so I thought I’d do something a little more light-hearted today. I’m 42 so here are 42 random things about me you might find interesting…or not.
1. My sons are my world!!
2. I miss being married.
3. I will write a novel one day.
4. One unfulfilled dream I have is having a career in law enforcement. I always thought that would be so cool.
5. I am addicted to reading personal finance blogs.
6. I love HGTV and sappy movies on the Hallmark channel
7. My favorite stress buster is either going to a movie or visiting the bookstore.
8. I’m a sucker for calendars. I usually buy at least 3 every year.
9. I’ve bungee jumped twice.
10. I was locked in a freezer during an armed robbery at the Dairy Queen I worked at in high school.
11. I’ve lived in three states: Indiana, Kentucky, and Kansas.
12. I love to watch college basketball and any type of lacrosse, but especially the lacrosse games my son is playing in.
13. I love Cracker Barrel and any type of steak restaurant
14. I like cookies and cream ice cream.
15. I love to read
16. I am in a bookclub
17. I post entirely too much on Facebook, my kids will vouch for this.
18. If I say I’m going to be somewhere, I will be there. I hate broken plans!
19. I am terrible about going to the doctor.
20. I am even worse about going to the dentist. I have an irrational fear of the dentist.
21. I am a night owl. I used to function on 4 hours of sleep a night but now I need more like 5 to 6 hours to be a semi-nice person.
22. I am NOT a morning person.
23. I am a diet coke junkie.
24. Sweet tea is a close second to my love of diet coke.
25. I am a big fan of to-do lists.
26. I love New Years resolutions and trying to force my boys to make them with me every year.
27. I have a daily planner that I carry with me everywhere.
28. I am a big numbers geek and love setting up my monthly budget. Even though just once I wish I had bigger numbers to play around with.
29. I hate my hair.
30. I love Pinterest and Houzz.
31. I love Chai tea lattes.
32. I love Target
33. I love Ikea even more.
34. I still prefer “real” books over reading them electronically.
35. I am a terrible housekeeper.
36. I am a lazy cook.
37. I am most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt but do like to dress up for special occasions.
38. I sleep with a body pillow and I’m a pillow snob.
39. I love country music.
40. My favorite car was my Mazda MX-6 that I got my senior year of high school.
41. I’m kind of shy and quiet until you get to know me but once you get to know me I’m kind of obnoxious at times.
42. I have a degree in accounting and love messing around with numbers but my dream career would be as an author.
There you go. 42 fascinating things about me.