Christmas is less than a week away. I go into every Christmas season with the best of intentions of wrapping up my shopping early. I’m going to let you in on a little secret…that never happens. To be fair, my kids are weird. I try to ask them what they want and they say, Oh, we don’t need anything. Weirdos, right? Most young people are like, here’s my list, I double-spaced it for you so it’s easier to read and numbered the pages….
I am further along this year then I normally am though. The last physical gift I ordered was supposedly delivered today. I have another gift that I don’t technically need until New Year’s and other than that I just need some cash, a couple of gift cards, and stocking stuffers. Oh yeah, stocking stuffers. Sounds easy doesn’t it, but every year I’m pondering what to include in my boys’ stockings.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas-Food and Treats
- Candy (this works for one kid but not my diabetic son)
- beef jerky sticks
- tea bags, cider mixes, cocoa mixes
- miniature liquor bottles (if they’re 21 or older)
- coffee or tea pods
- miniature flashlights (grab one for their home and one for their car)
- air fresheners
- nice pens
- highlighters and dry erase markers
- flash drives
- lotions, deodorant, shower gels, etc
- body sprays/perfumes/colognes
- ear buds-my one son has an expensive pair of AirPods but you can get cheaper ones that are great for backups. I like to keep a pair at work and in my gym bag
- bath bombs
- Tile trackers (we swear by these)
- chap stick/lip balm
- card games
- hand warmers
- charging cables-because let’s be honest, we’re all completely dependent on these and who doesn’t need backups
- lottery tickets-the most anticipated stocking stuffer for our family
- gift cards-restaurants, gas stations, gaming subscriptions book stores. I guarantee there’s a gift card out there for everyone on your list!
Hopefully I’ve included a few ideas that will work for you. What other suggestions do you have? And please let me know if you’ve wrapped up your shopping or not. I’d love to know that I’m not the only one out there still braving the crowds.